Wedding dress trends come and go, but one that seems to never fail is belting your wedding gown. Not only flattering, but super chic as well, adding a belt to your wedding look is a great way to show off your personality through your wedding dress! Whether sparkly, floral, or a simple ribbon, let your bridal style shine with this great accessory!
A couple key notes about "belting"...
1. Belting is a great way to draw attention to your small waist or away from other "problem areas" like wide hips. However, keep in mind that if your waist is your "problem area" some belts (especially really sparkly ones) may draw attention to that area.
2. While belts can be added to virtually any wedding dress, empire waist dresses are the exception-typically belts should not be worn higher than the natural waist making an empire waisted dress very difficult to add a belt to. On the other hand, dresses that have a seam across the natural waistline are almost begging you to add somthing!
3. If you are someone who is not curvy (generally straight up and down) adding a belt is a great way to add the illusion of curves to the body.
4. If you are looking for long, clean lines, adding a belt can disrupt this by cutting you in half. However, adding a belt that matches the colour of your dress and does not have too much embellishment can still maintain a long, clean look.
5. Asking the seamstress to stitch the belt to your dress is a great way to be sure it won't be moving out of place.
We have a vast selection of belts to suit your gown and personal style! For further info contact us at 416 925 1674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org